To become the preferred communication training institution in Africa, upholding high academic standards and producing world class professionals for the transformation of society.
To remain a highly academic professional communication institution, serving the needs of students, the industry and society.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & ADVERTISING HOSTING MA IN PUBLIC RELATIONS (MAPR)
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION HOSTING MA IN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION (MADC)
DEPARTMENT OF JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES HOSTING MA IN JOURNALISM (MAJN)& MEDIA MANAGEMENT (MAMM)
MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN JOURNALISM
MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN MEDIA MANAGEMENT
MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN PUBLIC RELATIONS (REGULAR & WEEKEND)
MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION
Postgraduate Admission Processes
1. The following are the two (2) modalities for admitting students into the postgraduate programmes:
2. In the case of the Direct Admission (DA), applicants are admitted based on qualification merit in accordance with the minimum requirement prescribed by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC).
3. For the Entrance Examination and Selection Interviews (EESI), GIJ reserves the right to conduct admission entrance examination and selection interviews. In this case, the final decision for selection rests with the department to which the applicant is seeking admission.
Introduction of New Programmes
- MASTER OF ARTS IN POLITICAL COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT (MPCM)
- MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (MPHIL) PROGRAMMES
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD)
Have you any need kindly let us know via mail
- The admission (in collaboration with academic departments) of domestic and international postgraduate students;
- Monitoring postgraduate student academic progress and probation and certifying graduate students for graduation;
- Maintaining records of postgraduate policies and the postgraduate catalogue including preserving data regarding postgraduate programmes and students;
- Assisting HoDs to develop new postgraduate programmes and/or to revise the existing programmes in accordance with the requisites of Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) and the SoGSaR’s vision and mission and to build on existing strengths of the faculty that would help attract postgraduates students as well as to distinguish the SoGSaR from its competitive peers;
- Collaborating with HoDs in initiating new postgraduate programmes that shall reflect global trends and cater to local and regional market needs;
- Collaborating with academic departments, Deans and International Relations Office, to market the postgraduate programmes through a variety of approaches (e.g., seminars, print and electronic media outfits);
- Cooperating with HODs and Deans in developing joint postgraduate programmes with international academic institutions;
- Collaborating with the Director of Research and HoDs to foster a vibrant and stimulating research culture and ecosystem by promoting inter/multi-disciplinary postgraduate research activities at SoGSaR;
- Collaborating with the Director of Research to set research targets and seek opportunities for faculty and postgraduate students to obtain external research grants from partner organizations and businesses;
- Cooperating with the Director of Research and the HoDs to organize national and international scientific conferences, workshops and seminars on undertaking research and writing for publications, as well as instituting an Annual Research Day (ARD) for presenting awards to outstanding faculty and/or students in research;
- Continually, promoting consistency, compliance, quality and relevance of all postgraduate programmes in accordance with SoGSaR and GTEC policies;
- Collaborating with HODs in designing policies to retain outstanding postgraduate students for recruitment through postgraduate scholarships and awards from both Internally Generated Funds (IGF) and external corporate sources;
- Collaborating with HODs and Deans to develop, periodically assess, and modify policies and procedures to continuously enhance the quality of research and postgraduate programmes at SoGSaR in order to meet international quality standards and achieve excellence;
- Collaborating with HODs to organize special short courses in communication, media and public relations for students with no prior background in these fields of study to enable them to catch up with their peers;
- Assisting the Dean of Students in supervising Graduate Student Association (GRASAG) extra curriculum activities and alumni network.