The Public Affairs Unit is an administrative organ which has the responsibility of helping the Institute realize its vision and mission through creating partnerships, building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships and serving as the key information source for internal and external publics of the Institute.
The key functional areas of the Unit include:
a) Public Relations/Protocol
b) Documentation & Information
c) GIJ Radio/Campus Broadcasting Services.
Detailed functions of the Unit include:
- Management of Press/Media Relations.
- Conduction of perception studies.
- Controlling and regulating the Institute’s notices/notice boards, posters, banners,
- Documentation of the Institute’s history, culture and symbols.
- Publication of document.
- Provision of photo coverage for Institute functions.
- Management and monitoring the Institute’s website and intranet in concert with the IT Department.
- Management of Institute’s Front Office.
- Handling Convocation matters.
- Handling all Corporate/GIJ Strategic Communication and
- To carry out such other duties as requested by the Management.
The PR Unit was established in January 2017 to create a positive image of the Institute and to facilitate communication between its publics.