The Career Guidance and Counselling Unit of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) was established in July 2021 to assist the institutes community to manage all psychological and social issues affecting students and the wider university community. The Unit helps students cope with difficult situations in the academic journey through GIJ and provide them with an opportunity to move towards a more satisfying and resourceful academic experience.
Vision & Mission
- To provide quality career guidance and counseling services to the GIJ community and beyond.
- To become leading career guidance and counseling referral center in the tertiary space in Ghana
The Career Guidance and Counselling Unit offers the following services but not limited to:
- Individual / Group Counselling
- Career Guidance – Career Decision / Choice
- Academic Support Services – Time Management, Study Habit / Skills
- Relationship Management – Dating, Marriage Counselling
- Socio- Personal Counselling – Self-Esteem, Assertiveness, Social Adjustment, Societal Challenges
- Psycho Emotional Counselling – Crisis Management, Stress / Depression Management, HIV
- Organization of Career Conferences and Educational Fairs
- Work / Home Stress Management
- Family Counselling and Support Services
- Organization of Seminars and Workshops for students and staff
- Scholarship Services