To Achieve Excellence in Security and Peace. Implement security standards, procedures and guidelines so that Security Section will monitor to guarantee deterrence and detection of crime and maintain good relationships with the State Law Enforcement Agencies in the interest of the security and safety of the Ghana Institute of Journalism.
The security section of the Ghana Institute of Journalism exists to safeguard the University’s workers, properties, reputation, values and guests through security risk management.
- Humility and Faithfulness
- To Provide Comprehensive Services in Security
- To Provide Good Judgment, Leadership Skills in Conflict, Peace and Security.
- Predict Insecurity Situations.
- To Achieve the Highest Professional Standards in Security Management
- It is Risky to take a Risk and be guided by the “IF CLAUSE”.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SECURITY SECTION
- Protection of Life and Property of the University.
- Prevention and Detection of crime on the University Campus.
- Apprehension of offenders.
- Delay those who attempt to commit crimes.
- Deterring or discouraging attempts to commit crimes.
- Preservation of Peace and good order on the University Campus.
- Liaise with external security agencies to ensure protection.
- To investigate security breaches
SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF SECURITY GUARDS AND OFFICERS
- Proven Resilience and Diligence
- Ability to adapt to stress situations
- Ability to handle constructive and destructive criticisms and bounce back to action
- Availability and ability to work long, intensive and extended hours including many nights and weekends
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relationships
- Sound judgment, initiative, tact, firmness, fairness and precision
- Knowledge in Security and Peace.