Administration of the DRID
The Directorate is headed by a Director, who reports to the Deputy Rector. The Director is assisted by other operation levels Coordinators who attend to the day-to-day operations of the various units as displayed in the organogram below:
The primary functions of the DRID are:
- Liaise between the University and various research committees.
- Scout and review sources of funding.
- Establish a database of funding partners, research collaborators and their interests.
- Conduct periodic research needs assessments.
- Organise periodic research capacity building workshops for staff.
- Monitor staff research activities.
- Monitor the University Research Policy.
- Advise on legal and ethical issues relating to research.