Mr. Noel Nutsugah is an Assistant Lecturer at the Faculty of Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing at Ghana Institute of Journalism after having served as an Adjunct Lecturer with the Institute from September 2016 to April 2020.
He is also currently pursuing his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Marketing at the University of Ghana Business School (UGBS), where he is conducting a cyberethnographic inquiry into Brand Communities and their implications for Marketing and Public Relations in Ghana.
He also holds a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree in Communication and Media Studies (Business Communication option) from the University of Education, Winneba and a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Corporate Communications and Public Relations from the University of Leeds, England.
Until recently, Noel was a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) and currently a member of the Communication Educators’ Association of Ghana (CEAG) and the Institute of Public Relations (IPR) – Ghana.
Noel’s practice in multimedia journalism and PR spans over 9 years as he has worked with different media houses and several PR agencies both in Ghana and abroad with short stint at DW Akademie based in Germany. He was also the Editor-in-Chief of the Youth Newsroom of the World Press Freedom Day celebration held in Accra in 2018.
Noel currently teaches courses in PR Counselling and PR & Society and has demonstrated a collaborative teaching philosophy which is hinged on practical lessons and trendy issues within the industry.
Noel holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) honours in Communications Studies from the Ghana Institute of Journalism where he graduated summa cum laude, wining the coveted award as the overall best student in his graduating year.
- Digital PR and Social Media Analytics Dialogic PR
- Brand Communities
- Corporate and Marketing Communication
- Consumer Behavior and Market Research.
- Educators Association of Ghana Conference, Winneba 2019 – Nutsugah, N. (2019). How is Social Media Changing the PR Practice of the Ghana Police Service? Paper Presented at the CEAG Conference, Winneba, June 27-28, 2019.
- International Aid Transparency Initiative Conference, Nepal 2018 – Nutsugah, N. (2018). Data and journalism; Where do they meet and what options are available to academia? A Position Paper Presented at the International Aid Transparency Initiative Conference, Nepal, November 12 – 15, 2018.