Dr. Rosemary Obeng-Hinneh
Dr. Rosemary Obeng-Hinneh is a Lecturer at the Ghana Institute of Journalism at the Faculty of Integrated Communication Sciences
- PhD Sociology (2018)
- MPhil Sociology (2012)
- BA Sociology and Social Work (2008)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
- University of Ghana, Legon
- Ghana Sociological and Anthropological Association
- Ghana Studies Association
- Cadbury Fellowship (University of Birmingham, 2017)
- University of Ghana – Pan-African Doctoral Academy Thesis Completion Award (2018).
- Principles of Social Organisation
- Diversity of Peoples and Cultures
- Sociology of the Family
- Information Gathering and Research.
- Obeng-Hinneh, R. (2019). When men touch women without license: Interrogating the reasons for women’s entry into consensual unions in urban Accra, Ghana. Ghana Studies, 22: 36-58.
- Obeng-Hinneh, R. (2019). Negotiating entry into marriage: Strategies of Ghanaian women in marriage-like partnerships. Ghana Social Science Journal, 16(1): 54-70.
- Obeng-Hinneh, R. and Kpoor, Albert. Cohabitation and its consequences in Ghana. Journal of Family Issues. (Forthcoming).
- Obeng-Hinneh, R. (2015). Religion and Social Change in West Africa: An Introduction to the Sociology of Religion by Max Assimeng in Ghana Social Science Journal, 12(2):149-150. (Book Review).
Non-Executive Director, Africa Global Radio