- MPhil in English
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
- BA English and Linguistics.
- University of Ghana, Legon
- University of Education, Winneba
- Linguistics Association of Ghana (LAG)
2018/2019 Dean’s Thesis Grant, School of Languages.
- Language and Study Skills
- English Language Usage
- Frimpong, K. G., Ohene Adu K. B. & Awuku, B. O (forthcoming). A sense of the Self, of Place and of Time: a view of Kofi Anyidoho’s ‘The Place We Call Home’ from a Systemic Functional perspective. Contemporary Essays on the Literatures, Languages and Cultures of Ghana; Cambridge Scholars.
- Awuku, Beatrice Offeibea. (2017). “Gender variation in the use of politeness on Facebook” in Faraclas et al. (eds.) Memories of Caribbean futures: Reclaiming the pre-colonial to imagine a post-colonial in the languages, literatures and cultures of the Greater Caribbean and beyond. University of Curacao and the University of Puerto Rico, pp. 111-126.
- Agency and Processes in Religious Discourse: A Transitivity Analysis of the Sermon on the Mount. Unpublished MPhil Thesis, University of Ghana, available from: http://ugspace.ug.edu.gh/handle/123456789/29008
- May 22 – May 23: 1st Language and the Pandemic Conference, Sofia, Bulgaria. (Virtual Conference)
Paper presented: Agency and processes in pandemic: Confronting Covid 19 through presidential addresses.
- July 31 – August 2, 2019: Linguistics Association of Ghana Conference, Tarkwa.
Paper presented: Agency and processes in religious discourse: A transitivity analysis of the Sermon on the Mount (co-presented with Dr. George Kodie Frimpong)
- December 14 – December 16, 2017: An International Symposium & Spoken Word Festival in Honour of Kofi Anyidoho @ 70.
Paper presented: A sense of the Self, of Place and of Time: a view of Kofi Anyodoho’s ‘The Place We Call Home’ from a Systemic Functional perspective (co-presented with Dr. George Kodie Frimpong and Mr. Kingsley Brempong Ohene Adu).
- September 19 – 20, 2017: Conference on Semantics-Pragmatics Boundary, University of Ghana, Legon.
- October 24 – 26, 2017: The Second School of Languages Conference (SOLCON II), University of Ghana, Legon.
- Discourse Analysis
- Functional Grammar
- Language and Gender
- Online news and language use